The ‘Toughbook’ is a line of rugged computers produced by the Panasonic Corporation. The first Toughbook was introduced to us in 1996 in the form of the CF-25, and to this day they are still designed to withstand outside forces which would damage or completely destroy a normal laptop.
Panasonic Toughbook’s have been a favourite by many and are used in a wide range of industries including the emergency services, defence, healthcare, construction, oil, gas, and manufacturing sectors.
The Panasonic Toughbook G2 (FZ-G2) was released in October 2021 with an Intel Core i5-10310U vPro processor operating on Windows 10 Pro. The Toughbook is certified to water and dust resistant standard IP65.
A few important questions on the Panasonic Toughbook G2 answered,
- ‘How long is the battery life on the Panasonic Toughbook G2 (FZ-G2)?’ - The Long battery life will get you up to 12 hours with an optional extended battery getting you 18.5 hours.
- ‘Can I use the Panasonic Toughbook G2 with gloves on? – Yes, and you can use it in the rain as well thanks to the capacitive touchscreen.
- ‘How big is the display on the Panasonic Toughbook G2?’ – The screen is a 10.1 Inch Active-Matrix display.
- ‘Is there anything like the Panasonic Toughbook’s?’ – The main competitor to the Toughbook range is Dell Technologies Rugged Laptops and Tablets range.
- ‘What are the cons with a Panasonic ToughBook G2?’ – The only con here is they are a little heavy and expensive but will hold up to anything you throw at it.
If you are interested in reading a full review of the Panasonic Toughbook G2 (FZ-G2) I recommend the one done on Durability Matters. If you want to see a video of the Panasonic Toughbook G2 going through some tests we found this YouTube Video.